Wednesday 13 January 2021

My lovely wife has a tradition of buying me a wargames figure (or figures sometimes!) for Christmas. It is always a surprise what I get, but it is invariably something Fantasy for my Petaudia campaign. This year - a Storm Giant from Reaper Miniatures in hard plastic. It is probably the largest figure I have ever painted! Not being certain what colour a Storm Giant should be, a quick search on the D&D areas of the Internet suggested green or purple, so I went for green. Paints are all Vallejo. I always undercoat in black, then used various shades of blue for his kilt, with red leather and oily steel for his equipment, armour and sword, while the skin was dark green finished with flat green. The base is beer mat - a friend in the business once gave me 500 out of date ones many years ago which I am still using up, they are excellent material for bases and rarely warp - with a sand and grit covering and cork boulders, plus a few tufts of a commercial dry grass.




No comments:

Post a Comment