Sunday 28 February 2021

A new unit completed for my Sun King games. These are the Hesse-Kassel Erbprinz Dragoon Regiment. I have used a bit of "wargamer's licence" here. I have not managed to find uniform details for the 1670s for this unit, but I have some for a little later in the century - blue coats with red facings, so I have gone with that look. The flag is "made up", based on flags the unit had later on, but having less embroidery - it still uses the red-white striped lion of Hesse-Kassel and the blue field and gold fringe of the later flags. They look okay to me, but my apologies to any purists! If anyone can give me better information, I am more than happy to receive it, there being so little easily available data for this period of the Sun King's Wars. The figures are all from North Star's range.









No comments:

Post a Comment