Tuesday 23 August 2022

"Into the Wilderness 1864"

I have been playtesting an American Civil War game. This means setting up and working it out in the garage as I usually need several days to do something like this, refining the details, etc. The idea is an advance by Union forces into the Wilderness, with the scenery gradually unfolding on the table-top as the players advance their two columns and the Confederate forces appearing to counter the Union advance. A few random events are also planned, to try and divert the Union commanders. It is also a chance for me to play some rules I found online, produced a long time ago by Jacklex Miniatures, and which I have found to be rather fun and realistic for ACW. Here are some photos of the playtest in progress, although the first few show the complete board and the scenery. The light in the garage is not the best, but the pictures look okay!





















































And just for fun, I tried some black and white images, having finally found out how to do this with my new digital camera!













2 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for all the pics, very striking layout with lots of line of sight and cover implications - it just looks good! what size table are you on there?

    ReplyDelete