Monday 24 October 2022

For those interested, I ran my Into the Wilderness ACW game at my local club a few weeks ago and the pictures taken have just been posted on the club site, which is on Facebook - New Buckenham Historical Wargamers. I tried to post a direct link, but not being a user of Facebook it won't let me! I used a slightly larger table - 7 feet by 5 feet - and Union forces for this game; in retrospect it would have gone just as well on the original size of 6 feet by 4 feet, but the extra troops helped the Union commanders. When time was called, the Union had run up against the hidden Confederate temporary fieldworks, but had managed to break a couple of Confederate infantry regiments. The random events proved successful as well; one Union commander took the dubious measure of firing on a poor local farmer to try and get him to move his wagon off the road! It proved ot be a very enjoyable game and has inspired at least one gamer to try something similar with a WW2 Eastern Front game.

No comments:

Post a Comment