Friday 9 October 2020

Some pictures of terrain and models recently completed and some rebasing for Dragon Rampant rules:

Terrain items for my Avrupan 25mm sci-fi campaign made from bottle tops of various sorts, a plug protector, pins, and filters out of an old fish pond pump! Not sure what they represent, but they look okay!


Wooden log fences and gates from Rubicon, painted in a grey colour to represent old wood,
based on card with my usual sand and grit mixture, plus some flock. Very good 25mm hard plastic models, I think, and suitable for lots of periods.


No memory of where this 25mm scale resin tomb came from, but finally painted and based, ready for my Petaudia medieval/fantasy campaign.

Once again, do not remember where I purchased these broken columns from,
but are 25mm scale resin also.

Dwarf lord and standard bearer and horn player. Vendel Miniatures 25mm metal figures from many years ago. The moulds went to the USA (SSM I believe, now out of business?). Conqueror Models now doing some very similar. I always thought the Vendel figures were the best ever Fantasy dwarf figures.

I have been busy rebasing my fantasy/medieval figures for Dragon Rampant rules, as I like their use of figures on individual bases or small groups for leader/special figures.

Bill, sword and hammer-armed dwarves.



The full dwarf host. In my Petaudia campaign there are three main dwarf tribes, but they play a minimal role in the fighting, only intervening when their interests are directly threatened, i.e. someone wants to secure control of their mountain territory, or there is the prospect of great mineral wealth, i.e. a bribe of gold, silver, metals and jewels, to become an ally.

Hobgoblins with bills. Essex 25mm metal figures. In Petaudia they are part of the Sorceress' forces, tough, disciplined and reliable troops.

A 25mm resin raft and rowboat from Ainsty Castings (I got them from Mighty Lancer Games, very good service).

25mm sampans with cargo from Ainsty Castings
(I got them from Mighty Lancer Games and North Star).

A convoy of the vessels from above.
My plan is to use the sampans and raft in my Petaudia campaign,
the rowboat in the Fescennia campaign.

25mm resin trade goods from Ainsty Castings.

No comments:

Post a Comment