Tuesday 27 April 2021

I have been working on units for my Petaudia fantasy/medieval campaign, tidying them up (most of them were painted decades ago!) and rebasing them for Dragon Rampant rules.
A unit of retainer longbowmen. These are from the Celerian Marches, a small country of three baronies in the centre of the continent. The figures are 25mm metal Essex Miniatures from their Wars of the Roses range.
Now these are very old! A friend gave them to me in the 1990s. I think they are 25mm metal Hinchliffe Arab Camelry. In my campaign they are mercenaries from Larigot, an archipelago of arid islands far to the south-east of Petaudia.

Men-at-arms from the Celerian Marches. These are 25mm metal Essex Miniatures figures.
A command base. The standard bearer is a 25mm metal Essex Miniatures figure; the knight is a Perry Miniatures 28mm hard plastic figure.
This is a 25mm metal figure from Lucid Eye's Savage Core: Age of Ice range, Vahira the Herd Witch. I intend to use her as a shamaness with armies of the Sorceress of Harpagia's forces. I have to admit that female figures these days are far more realistic and in proportion than thirty or forty years ago!

 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Adrian, I particularly like the Essex models. Good solid figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I agree, the Essex figures have served me well over many years and are easy to paint, I find.

    ReplyDelete