Wednesday 8 June 2022

A couple of games of 15mm Thirty Years War figures from my ongoing campaign. I have a new small digital camera, the old one finally expiring after many years of sterling service, so I was using these two battles to try it out. I had also unearthed an old set of 17th Century Wargame rules which seemed to be based a bit on Shako Napoleonic rules, so I tried them out as well. They gave a fast-playing game and I think I will stick with them for the time being. The first battle was Spanish vs. Dutch, fighting over the province of Münster - the Dutch lost and had to abandon it to the Spanish. The second game was Austria vs. Elector Palatine fighting over Bohemia - the Austrians lost after a real see-saw game and had to abandon the province to the Elector. Figures are from a variety of sources dating right back to the 1970s when I first began wargaming this period.

The first battle - Dutch nearest the camera, Spanish army at the top.




The dice show lost Combat Factors, the counters indicate the unit is Disordered.










The second battle - Austrians nearest the camera, Electoral forces at the top.


















The white counter means the unit cannot move for a turn as a result of poor morale.




The yellow counters mean those units are part of a beaten "Division" and cannot
advance or charge any enemy units, only defend.


No comments:

Post a Comment