Friday 22 July 2022

Some more Sun King troops. First, a French infantry regiment, Picardie, one of the "vieux corps", for which I have painted two battalions. The uniform was a grey coat - I went for Vallejo medium grey - with red distinguishing items, such as shoulder ribbons and hat ribbons. The first battalion has the colonel's white standard and the regiment's red one; the second battalion has two red standards.










And second, a regiment of Austrian dragoons. This one is Lodron's Regiment, with red coat and black facings. I did the red coats in slightly different Vallejo reds in order to suggest fading or different dyes. I could not find a version of the actual regimental guidon, but every Austrian dragoon regiment from 1653 onwards until the mid-18th century had the same colonel's guidon, so I printed one off the internet. For the horse holders, the right hand has to be drilled, but I find the hole will only hold two sets of reins (ordinary sewing thread) so I usually end up tying the third horse's reins to an object.










1 comment:

  1. very nice, the horse holder stands have a charm of their own.

    ReplyDelete