Thursday 11 May 2023

As part of my post-eye problems recovery, I have organised my year into four week blocks, each week dealing with one of my campaigns - Avrupan, Fescennia and Petaudia - then a week for "Other wargaming". This week is Fescennia and so here is a game I put on fought between Arcadia and Erymanthia. The former has invaded the Duchy of Hesperides and the latter has marched to the aid of the duke. I based the game somewhat loosely on Roliça 1808, with the Arcadians in the role of the French and the Erymanthians as the Anglo-Portuguese force. It also gave me a chance to use some new scenery I had purchased from S & A Scenics - some flocked hills to replace my old-fashioned stepped types and some small trees, of which I do not have enough. I think they are both excellent and intend to get more hills. Anyway, here are some photographs of the game, played with "Old School" rules, individually based figures, and painted up for the relevant countries - white for Arcadia (mostly) and blue for Erymanthia (mostly). The figures are from a range of manufacturers gathered over the years - the majority are 25mm metal Hinchliffe, but there are also Essex and Old Glory metals, as well as Perry and Warlord 28mm hard plastics. My next game for this campaign - in a month - will be a follow on to this one, with the Erymanthians pressing on to drive the Arcadians out of the Duchy of Hesperides.














































No comments:

Post a Comment