Friday 26 May 2023

This week I managed a game with Steve, my regular opponent; I organised a re-fight of Lützen 1632 using my Sun King 1670s figures, with the French as the Swedes and the Allies as the Imperialists. As there was fog on the day of the battle, the French could not see all the Allied troops at the start of the battle. In addition, they did not know until they reached it that the Allies had deepened and widened the ditches along the road, which made it difficult for cavalry to cross. Finally, the Allies were expecting reinforcements on their left wing, but the French did not know of this either. Anyway, the game played out successfully, with my Allied force holding off Steve's French army after a close fought battle. Here are some photographs. Figures are mostly North Star 1672, rules my own. Hopefully, I can post the scenario details soon.
























































2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the photo’s, really enjoyed browsing through and seeing your armies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always like browsing thru the eye candy that is your SunKing collection!

    ReplyDelete