Sunday 4 June 2023

Last week I focused on my Sci-fi/Future Wars campaign - Avrupan. This is the most neglected of my campaigns and I feel the rota system will make me really do something with it. I did not manage a game, but I was busy painting up figures and vehicles that have been sitting in boxes for longer than they ought. They are a mix of GZG and Denizen Miniatures, which are 25mm metals; the former are the closest I have ever found in size and style to the latter. My painting approach to these figures is fairly casual - Avrupan is an arid world, so sand is the default colour for uniforms, with various browns and greys for equipment and weapons.

I also managed to download a set of "Fast and Dirty" rules and have been reading them through. The lack of a rules set I like has been one of the problems for this campaign, but I think "F.A.D." may meet my needs. Hopefully I will manage to try them out in four weeks time with a small scenario.

And I also managed to finish off a couple of terrain features.

Anyway, here are some pictures:

A grenade launcher with team.
An auto-cannon with team.
The complete section; each Motorised Infantry Company has one of these.
A Tech/Drone Operator squad.
A medical section: the black circle identifies their role.
An assault engineer section.
An ordinary engineer/supply squad.
A border guard section.
The first terrain item is meant to be a communication hub of some kind: built from odds and ends out of the plastic scrap box. I paint all my buildings grey of one sort or another.
A random building - habitation? industry?
As above!
I think this has to be some kind of power generation building.
And to finish, this is my only Old Crow self-propelled gun, acquired many years ago and finally painted. I decided to try a broken camouflage for this vehicle - Avrupan has lots of brick red rock outcrops. It is a bit of a beast of a machine!


No comments:

Post a Comment