Saturday 1 July 2023

Last week was an Avrupan campaign week. I did not manage to organise a game but I finished painting some vehicles. I usually undercoat in black and then slap on a few coats of Iraqi Sand or Dark Sand, not worrying too much if it looks a bit haphazard, as I assume the harsh winds of my imaginary arid world whip up sand and gravel which scrapes off the paintwork!

An Old Crow tracked HQ vehicle.
An Old Crow tracked AA vehicle.
An Old Crown tracked Missile vehicle.

I found this at my local garden centre's toy section. It is made By A-Z Build & Play and is meant to be a 1/72 scale M113. It clips together and does not need any glue. I thought I could use it as some kind of support vehicle for my Avrupan campaign. However, on being made, it proved to be a very squat version of a M113, not even as high as a 25mm figure! Anyway, I decided it could pass as a MEDIVAC vehicle of some sort - sliding casualties in the rear door on a mechanical stretcher or something like that - and added an aerial, a sensor sphere and an odd piece across the roof just to make it look different from a M113!


No comments:

Post a Comment