Wednesday 26 July 2023

I managed to put on a large 1670s Sun King game this week and had three fellow wargamers round from my local club to participate: Richard, Steve and Chris. Steve and I commanded the French I umpiring as well, while Richard and Chris took the Dutch. The battle was Mont Cassel 1677, rather tweaked to fit my 8 feet by 4 feet table, but it seemed to work okay. It was a hard fought game which ran to history in its result, the Dutch left flank being overrun by the French cavalry and their centre making no headway to break through to Saint Omer, while their right wing looked a bit shaky as well. I managed to get some photographs of the game, although umpiring and playing reduced the number I would usually take!














































2 comments:

  1. Splendid armies and table, loved all the pics, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the praise, glad you enjoyed the pictures, etc.

    ReplyDelete